WNC Citizens Blog

Wordpress Sucks

Labels: ,
This latest problem with blogger had me searching for alternatives today.

Online forums seemed to be weighted heavily in favor of choosing Wordpress as a platform.

So, I went ahead and logged into my Wordpress Account and imported Thunder Pig, which took about an hour for the 2,255 posts.

Not everything made it over, which was to be expected.

My problems started when I tried to embed the last video play list on my last post with no success. No problem, I thought...I switched over to HTML Mode (which I prefer, anyway) and tried to insert the video by hand. No dice.

I look around, and found this question and answer:

Can I add flash? video? Embed other media?

For security reasons we remove the tags needed for the above. Your intentions may be innocent but someone somewhere would try to damage the site.

Currently we allow the linking to files from Google Video, Youtube, DailyMotion, Grouper, Odeo, and SplashCast.

Source: Wordpress FAQ

This rules out Wordpress as a choice for a bolt-hole in case Blogger kicks me off permanently. What a buncha retards!!! No Flash, No Javascript? No Ustream or Justin.tv or Blip.tv, or a hundred other video sources? And, no Blog Talk Radio, either.

After having the freedom to include code from virtually any source...to a platform that is very restrictive is not good.

I'll be stuck with Blogger for the forseeable future.

0 comments:

Upcoming Events

2010 Macon County Fair
Sept 15-29, 2010
Macon County Fairgrounds in Franklin, NC

TwitPics

About

This used to be one of several political commentary blogs I ran until I got tired of updating several blogs, and consolidated them on Thunder Pig, and moved the group blogs to a Ning network.

These photos are a reflection of where I am throughout the day, and a celebration of life west of the Balsam mountain range in western North Carolina.

Followers

badges and other shiny stuff



BlogNetNews.com » North Carolina


Labels

Visits

Recent Posts