WNC Citizens Blog

Ginger Ale and Appalachian Settlers

Labels: ,
I woke up in Dillon, South Carolina with one thing on my mind, and I found it at South of the Border. It wasn't kitsch I was seeking. It was Blenheim's. But it turns out the surreal roadside attraction on Interstate 95 provides plenty of kitsch and plenty of Blenheim's.
Source: Ruminations From The Distant Hills

I like Ginger Ale, too. But this Blenheim's sounds a bit scary. Our local Walmart "sometimes" has Vernors available, which I snap up when I see it.

Also, John Norris Brown has started a series of podcasts with a focus on things Appalachian. I hope he continues to pursue the effort.
1 comments:

Thank you very much for the link. I'm glad you like the podcast :-)


Upcoming Events

2010 Macon County Fair
Sept 15-29, 2010
Macon County Fairgrounds in Franklin, NC

TwitPics

About

This used to be one of several political commentary blogs I ran until I got tired of updating several blogs, and consolidated them on Thunder Pig, and moved the group blogs to a Ning network.

These photos are a reflection of where I am throughout the day, and a celebration of life west of the Balsam mountain range in western North Carolina.

Followers

badges and other shiny stuff



BlogNetNews.com » North Carolina


Labels

Visits

Recent Posts