WNC Citizens Blog

WCU Wx Station

Weather Station at WCU is silhouetted by the morning sky

I don't know if the station pictured collects data that is shared on the Internet. However, here is a page on the WCU website that has a handy list of weather resources for those of us living West of the Balsams.

One of my favorite resources when tracking local and regional weather events is the WunderMap that shows local weather stations. Some of them have their own website and a webcam so you can see for yourself what is going on in a particular location. Once my DSL Service becomes more stable (Verizon tends to shut down in the evenings and not work), I will put one up and stick a webcam on it so you can see what the weather is like at my house.
0 comments:

Upcoming Events

2010 Macon County Fair
Sept 15-29, 2010
Macon County Fairgrounds in Franklin, NC

TwitPics

About

This used to be one of several political commentary blogs I ran until I got tired of updating several blogs, and consolidated them on Thunder Pig, and moved the group blogs to a Ning network.

These photos are a reflection of where I am throughout the day, and a celebration of life west of the Balsam mountain range in western North Carolina.

Followers

badges and other shiny stuff



BlogNetNews.com » North Carolina


Labels

Visits

Recent Posts