WNC Citizens Blog

RL Clark to run for NC Senate District #49




RL Clark has announced that he is running for the District #49 NC Senate seat which covers a large part of Buncombe County. I have never met him, but have heard him on various call-in shows on talk radio since I have returned to the mountains in September of 2004.

He does not mince words, and I believe he says what he thinks.

He posted a message to a local political discussion group outlining his political philosophy, and has allowed me to re-post it here:


My basic political philosophy is to paraphrase, Thomas Jefferson, “Gov’t Governs best When Gov’t Governs Least”.



Gov’t in general should exist to give a hand up, not a hand out!



Teach a hungry man today to catch a fish and tomorrow he will catch his own!



During the 1995-1996 and 1997-1998 sessions of the General Assembly I represented the Counties of Buncombe, Madison, Yancey, Burke, and McDowell in the NC State Senate. Not one time in those 2 terms of service did I support or vote for a tax increase. I voted FOR the largest tax DECREASE in the history of

NC. The liberal mainstream media dubbed me Senator no!



I also supported, Co-Sponsored, and voted for S.B. 1487, “Marriages, whether created by common law, contracted or performed outside of NC between individuals of the same gender

Are not valid in NC” The act was ratified on June 20, 1996.



Now we need a constitutional amendment saying the same thing to

Prevent some progressive Judge from ruling unconstitutional!



Lone no vote in the State Senate to oppose establishing stream

Buffer zones.



Favor a taxpayer protection Act!



Support requiring photo voter I D in order to vote!



Oppose unfunded state mandates to local Gov’ts!



Oppose illegal immigration to NC!



Support District Elections for Buncombe County Commissioners.



My wife and I live in Woodland Hills section of North Buncombe County, Long term active members of Woodland Hills Baptist Church.



Former member and President of the Lions club of Asheville.



32degree Mason. Member of Mt. Hermon Masonic Lodge.Asheville



Small Business Owner Operator, Madison County.



Plato the Greek Philosopher stated in 400 B. C. “ The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men”



Is this what we’re seeing in our Govt at all levels today.



RL Clark





If your current Senator is Martin Nesbitt, then this is your race. Consider voting for RL Clark, and if you are ineligible to vote in this race, tell your family and friends about this candidate.

I'll be posting more on the local and state races as I gather information.

If you asre a candidate or know one I should profile, you can contact me at thunderpigblog AT yahoo DOT com.
0 comments:

Upcoming Events

2010 Macon County Fair
Sept 15-29, 2010
Macon County Fairgrounds in Franklin, NC

TwitPics

About

This used to be one of several political commentary blogs I ran until I got tired of updating several blogs, and consolidated them on Thunder Pig, and moved the group blogs to a Ning network.

These photos are a reflection of where I am throughout the day, and a celebration of life west of the Balsam mountain range in western North Carolina.

Followers

badges and other shiny stuff



BlogNetNews.com » North Carolina


Labels

Visits

Recent Posts